Trouble submitting assignments to Canvas
Having trouble submitting assignments in Canvas? Check the following:
- Check to see if you need to sign back into your Apple ID account. Periodically students are disconnected from their Apple ID account. Go to Settings > tap on your Name > tap on Name and Email > if it prompts you to sign in do so.
- Make sure you are signed in to your school Google/YouTube account. Open Safari app > go to Youtube.com > click Sign In in the upper right hand corner (or if you are signed into another account, sign back into your school account.
- Still not working? Clear out your Internet cache by going to Settings > Safari > Clear History and Website Data
- Update your iPad (go to Settings > General > Software Update )
- Update your Canvas app. (use Manager app to update)
- Did you try the web version of Canvas in Safari? (there is a link on all student iPads for " Web-Canvas")
If all else fails, have take screenshots of the assignment and the error message you are seeing as proof you did the assignment on time and create a Helpdesk ticket and/or make an appointment with tech support ASAP.
Please note: if you are using Turnitin - use the web version of Canvas as it works much better than the app. Turnitin documents must be submitted as a PDF.
Thank you for your feedback!